Phase 2 of the Precision Agriculture project is the renovation of two floors in Ag Hall.
Ag Hall is the current home to the Plant Sciences administrative offices, SDSU Extension 4-H, and the Dean of the College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences.
- Six new labs for biology, virology, plant pathology and entomology along with an insectory
- Existing offices will be reused with only infrastructure upgrades
- Other offices changed into lab support spaces including microscopy, growth chamber rooms, grad student spaces and equipment rooms
- New conference room and student lounge
- New HVAC and fire sprinkler system
- Lighting upgrades
- New finishes as well as some major reconfiguration of spaces to create new labs and classrooms to support the Precision Agriculture major
- The design team worked within the existing square footage and budget available to provide the new and improved spaces.