Skip to content
This new center will be the region’s only inpatient behavioral health crisis center offering a safe, calm, and supportive environment for treatment and healing.
- 8 adult psychiatric inpatient beds
- $6.2 million project made possible through a partnership between Beltrami County and Sanford Health
- Innovative EmPATH Unit, a model of care for individuals in crisis, will provide a calm setting where patients can receive tailored care from nurses, psychiatrists, and psychotherapists.
- Only unit in the state able to accommodate adults and child/adolescents
- Center will offer continued assessment, individualized treatment planning, access to multi-disciplinary teams, and immediate psychiatric services, collaboration with primary care physicians and access to medical interventions, including outpatient mental health services to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Collaboration with community services such as social services, law enforcement, and community schools
- Groundbreaking was held on October 14th