The Red Lake Nation Inter-Generational Family Wellness Service Center “Ombimindwaa Gidinawemaaganinaadog” will house several functions and programs that are part of the Red Lake Nation Tribal Human Services delivery.
The 33,000 SF building will offer social services to families and create additional space to expand the services currently lacking for the tribe. The building increases the capacity to hire additional workers, improve outreach and services for the nation, and improve child welfare outcomes for families. “Ombimindwaa Gidinawemaaganinaadog” means “Uplifting Our Relatives”.
Services within the building will include:
- Cultural Services, Family Wellness Services
(Intake & Response, Family Preservation, Reunification Services, ICWA, Foster Care)
- Behavioral Health
- Adult & Elder Services (Adult Protection & Waivered Services)
- Public Health Clinic, Elderly Nutrition, and Elderly Maintenance
- The project will include traditional healing with a cultural room and smudging
- Anishinaabe language, identity, values, beliefs, teachings, traditions, and artwork are integrated in the building design and floor plans
The Inter-Generational Family Wellness Service Building Groundbreaking was held in Red Lake on Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
Construction is scheduled to be completed and operational in July 2023 for the $17 million dollar project.