EAPC Industrial Services is looking for a Mechanical Engineer.
EAPC is a team of more than 125 architects, interior designers, engineers, LEAN process improvement specialists, construction managers, and other professionals working together across market sectors and the United States to create places that attract, entertain, heal, and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our collaborative teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes–then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of our clients’ resources, the fragility of all life, and of the planet.
What our Industrial Services Department needs now is an experienced, highly motivated, and technically exceptional Mechanical Engineer.
As a Mechanical Engineer for Industrial Services at EAPC, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop specifications
- Select and assist in procuring equipment
- Develop conceptual designs
- Oversee the development of detailed engineered designs by designers/drafters
- Perform analysis of piping systems using pipe stress software (e.g. Caesar II) and fluid flow software (e.g. Fluid Flow 3)
- Provide day to day project management to successful completion including setting maintaining design and construction schedules, managing projects according to budget, and directing and approving invoices and AR collections, etc.
- Manage customer relations and interfaces associated with assigned projects and build potential for future business with current and new clients; act as a main point of contact with end clients for project duration
- Manage direct resources and support resources involved in assigned projects including managing deadlines and budgetary constraints providing feedback on quality of output, maintaining quality control, and reviewing and approving expenses from consultants and others
- Work with Principal in Charge and Project Manager to ensure effectiveness and success of resources throughout projects
- Facilitate timely project coordination meetings with all disciplines and Principals in Charge and provide proper communication and feedback on project progress with direct report
- Participate in, and lead if necessary, the project budgeting process with the Principal in Charge
- Ensure the entry and integrity of all data into the Vision system for all assigned projects
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited university
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in North Dakota, Montana, or Minnesota preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a consulting or operational environment
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience of groups of 3-10 people
- Experience in power generation, food processing, oil/gas refinement, or heavy industrial processing preferred
- Field or construction management experience preferred
- Ability to operate computers, copy machines, plotters, and telephones
The position will report directly to the Industrial Services Principal in Charge and will work as an integrated member of a multi-discipline, in-house team of engineers, architects, and drafting technicians.
Benefits include competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, 401k with matching contributions, health insurance with dental and vision coverage, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, discretionary annual profit-sharing bonuses and a career that offers challenging and interesting projects balanced with a quality lifestyle in an engaged and inviting community.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To inquire about or apply for this position
Resume and Cover Letter can be sent to
EAPC Architects Engineers
Attn: Cory Vaughn
222 Third Street NW, Bemidji, MN 56601
Indicate which position you are applying for
Position Title: Industrial Services Mechanical Engineer
Job ID#: 0132019
For more information contact