We are looking for a Healthcare Interior Designer to join our Phoenix team
EAPC is a team of more than 120 architects, interior designers, engineers, LEAN process improvement specialists, construction managers, and other professionals working together across market sectors and the United States to create places that delight, heal, and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our collaborative teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes–then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of our clients’ resources, the fragility of all life, and of the planet.
Our EAPC Phoenix office is currently looking for a Healthcare Interior Designer with a passionate and enthusiastic outlook on his/her career who shares our passion for sustainability, health, and wellness. We work on a variety of projects with an emphasis on healthcare architecture.
Our energetic, ultra-creative work environment is located in a 1925-era brick warehouse building in the heart of downtown Phoenix just east of Chase Field and a few blocks from 12th Street/Jefferson Station and Washington Station light rail stops. Free employee parking is conveniently located next to the office.
As a Healthcare Interior Designer at EAPC, you will:
- Learn, and apply design and technical methods with responsibility for project assignments including design development, production, and coordination through construction documents
- Understand the architectural design process and integration of interior design concepts with an ability to learn and develop design element components
- Develop and produce renderings, construction documents, and revisions
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate presentation materials in a variety of media to help convey the design intent
- Prepare furniture and finish recommendations and alternatives, including budgets
- Develop space plans that are responsive to and conform to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives
- Participate in the development of construction documents and specifications to insure compliance with design intent
- Participate with the Project Manager and/or Senior Designer to understand project goals and objectives
- Participate in existing conditions surveys and/or interior record plans preparation
- Assist with developing/maintaining resource library vendor contacts and relevant content with interior team
- Demonstrate an ongoing and consistent ability to work within the EAPC team culture
- Motivate team members who demonstrate commitment to the firm vision and goals, while providing innovation and creative design, high quality deliverables, effective time management, a collaborative spirit, and client service will have opportunities for increased responsibility and advancement within the firm
- Utilize your impressive technical skills in Revit and other design application software
- Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
To join us, you should have:
- A professional degree in Interior Design or a related discipline
- 8-15 years of experience preferably in Healthcare Interior Design
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Licensure or interest in completing NCIDQ exams
Resume and cover letter can be sent to:
EAPC Architects Engineers
Stanley Schimke, Director, Healthcare Practice
[reference position title and Job ID# for position which you are applying]
or call 480.489.1388 for more information