We are looking for a Structural Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to join our Fargo, ND team
EAPC is a team of more than 115 architects, interior designers, engineers, LEAN process improvement specialists, construction managers, and other professionals working together across market sectors and the United States to create places that attract, entertain, heal, and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our collaborative teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes–then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of our clients’ resources, the fragility of all life, and of the planet.
Our Fargo office is currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and technically exceptional Structural EIT.
As a Structural EIT at EAPC, you will:
- Under general supervision, modify or create documents and drawings and apply standard structural engineering principles and methodologies
- Assist with design of low to mid-rise commercial, medical, educational, and industrial structures
- Complete site observations, inspections, and create technical reports
- Execute designs utilizing a combination of steel, masonry, concrete, wood, cold formed steel, and composite materials
- Develop technical solutions to deliver the design through documentation and detailing while preserving the design intent
- Apply computerized analysis and design tools
- Participate in all project design phases along with construction administration
- Complete necessary project related calculations and authoring of specifications
- Collaborate with multiple professional disciplines and be required to work within project deadlines
- Demonstrate an ongoing and consistent ability to work within the EAPC team culture
- Foster a commitment to external and internal client service
To join us, you should have:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Completed the of Fundamentals of Engineering exam or ability to successfully complete within 6 months
- Previous internship experience related to construction or engineering
- Experience in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; REVIT and AutoCAD strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel and work remotely as required to meet project and corporate demands
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Working knowledge of engineering systems
- Ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines
The position will report directly to the Structural Department Manager and will work as an integrated member of a multi-discipline, in-house team of engineers, architects, and drafting technicians.
Benefits include competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, 401k with matching contributions, health insurance with dental and vision coverage, company paid life insurance and disability coverage, discretionary annual profit-sharing bonuses and a career that offers challenging and interesting projects balanced with a quality lifestyle in an engaged and inviting community.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To inquire about or apply for this position:
Send Resume and Cover Letter to
EAPC Architects Engineers
Attn: Jim Tyler
116 W Main Avenue, Suite A, Bismarck, ND 58501
Reference the position for which you are applying
Position Title: Structural EIT
Job ID#: 0022019
For more information contact
Jim Tyler at 701.258.3116 or Sam Wilke at 701.461.7464