EAPC Team Members Achieve Respected EDAC Certification: Shaping the Future of Healthcare Design
We are thrilled to announce that two of our esteemed EAPC team members, Justin Johnson and Scott Wullschleger, have recently attained certification from The Center for Health Design (CHD) in Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC). This remarkable accomplishment highlights their dedication to fostering better healthcare environments for both patients and staff. Moreover, their achievement serves as an inspiration to their fellow team members and encourages the continuous pursuit of excellence within EAPC. This dedication to professional growth and industry leadership will undoubtedly contribute to the overall success and reputation of our organization.
“Justin and Scott have made us extremely proud by completing the EDAC Certification. As our Healthcare Design Practice has grown over the last several years, we’ve been fortunate to bring on board incredibly talented staff members, highlighted by Scott and Justin. They showcased their intellect and drive early in their careers by passing their A.R.E. exams to become registered architects and continue to demonstrate their commitment to success with this crucial certification,” said EAPC Partner and Healthcare Sector Leader, Jim Tyler.
Obtaining the EDAC certification is a testament to our team members’ in-depth knowledge and expertise in evidence-based design principles. These principles serve as the bedrock for creating healthcare environments that are not only aesthetically pleasing but also functionally efficient, safe, and supportive of optimal patient care.
The Center for Health Design, a non-profit organization, is committed to enhancing the quality of healthcare through the power of design. By conducting research, providing education, and fostering collaboration among industry professionals, CHD aims to transform healthcare environments to promote improved patient outcomes and overall well-being.
“Healthcare and architecture are ever-changing fields. The use of evidence-based design promotes architects and healthcare professionals to create a higher standard of care for patients through research and design collaboration,” explained EAPC Justin Johnson, based out of our Sioux Falls office.
The CHD certification showcases our team members’ unwavering commitment to excellence and their enthusiasm for creating healing spaces. By integrating evidence-based design principles into their work, they can positively influence various aspects of healthcare design, such as:
- Improved patient outcomes, as research indicates that well-designed healthcare environments can reduce stress, expedite recovery times, and decrease infection rates.
- Enhanced staff satisfaction, since thoughtful healthcare design can boost staff efficiency and contentment, which in turn directly impacts the quality of care provided to patients.
- Sustainability and resilience, as applying evidence-based design principles allows our team members to create healthcare facilities that are environmentally friendly, energy-efficient, and able to withstand natural disasters or other challenges.
“Evidence-based design is an important tool that is shaping the healthcare industry. The implementation of research proven design solutions keeps patients and staff in the forefront as we work to fulfill client visions,” said Scott Wullschleger, based in our St. Paul office.
Armed with EDAC certification, our team members are ideally positioned to lead and contribute to healthcare design projects that prioritize patient and staff well-being. Their expertise will prove invaluable in several areas, such as:
- Collaborating with clients to develop design strategies tailored to their unique needs and objectives while adhering to evidence-based design principles.
- Mentoring fellow team members by sharing their knowledge, thus elevating the entire team’s understanding of healthcare design best practices and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
- Staying current with industry trends, as the EDAC certification necessitates ongoing professional development, ensuring that our certified team members remain up to date with the latest research, best practices, and innovations in healthcare design.
We take immense pride in our EAPC team members who have achieved the prestigious EDAC certification. Their commitment to advancing healthcare design will undoubtedly lead to enhanced patient experiences and outcomes in the facilities we create. We eagerly anticipate witnessing the impact of their expertise and passion for crafting healing environments in future healthcare projects.
Congratulations to Scott and Justin on this exceptional achievement!